"I was advised to change my surname because no one could pronounce it. People still can’t pronounce it. But I thought my dad would kill me if I changed it. In the end, I decided that what you need to do is what we can now officially call “Cumberbatch” it: make sure that you become sufficiently well-known that no-one could mis-pronounce your name."
"[There is a] blessing of having a weird face, somewhere between an otter and something people find vaguely attractive. Or just an otter which is vaguely attractive.”
2014 09 18 - London - Young Patron’s Bright Young Things Gala by Mike Webster
Open in new tab / window for [736 x 1440 pixels] !
I cannot get enough of baby Watson, though
- Baby Watson: It's your birthday today.
- Sherlock: Mmm.
- Baby Watson: *grins; hugs Sherlock* Happy Birthday, Uncle Sherlock.
- Sherlock: *awkwardly pats her back*
- Baby Watson: I got you a present.
- Sherlock: Oh?
- Baby Watson: Yeah...Molly's coming over for the party.
- Sherlock: *groans* There's a party?
- Baby Watson: *giggles* Nope. Am I good?
- Sherlock: *smiles* Almost. How do I explain the lack of guests?
- Baby Watson: I don't- OOOH, say she's late and everyone left and because it's her fault she has to stay and have dinner with you to make up for it...
- Sherlock: ...
- Sherlock: You need a hobby.
- Baby Watson: *sadly* I just want you to be happy like Mummy and Daddy.
- Sherlock: *rolls eyes; hugs his goddaughter* I know...
- Baby Watson: *whispers* I told her to wear the dress you like and there's the really lovey-dovey music in the music player.
- Sherlock: *smiles* Thank you.
2014 09 09 - Toronto - TIFF ’ The Imitation Game ’ Premiere Gala - by Mark Blinch
Don’t click the images / follow the links above !
Instead, refer to the links below for the 3500 pixels’ versions.
Caption : 09 Sep 2014, Toronto, Ontario, Canada —- Actor Benedict Cumberbatch arrives at the “The Imitation Game” gala at the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) in Toronto, September 9, 2014. Mark Blinch. (CANADA - Tags: ENTERTAINMENT)
Benedict Cumberbatch for The Hollywood Reporter Magazine (September 26,2014 issue)
Looking for badasses? Here’s one. Mrs Holmes was a genius in her field, field that is usually considered to be very uncommon for women to be into. She freely gave up possibly a very promising career for her family while her husband never dared to question her choice because he is “a bit of a moron himself” but considers this free choice of raising her children instead of concentrating on her career something that makes her incredibly attractive. The man is in love with her brain as well as her heart. One of her sons is in charge of “the security of the free world”. She only raises and eyebrow when he talks back at her and makes both of her grown up sons turn into 5-year-olds when she catches them doing something forbidden.
A Trip to the Market - Text Message ficlet
10:02 AM - Going to the market with John and Izzy – SH
10:03 AM - Remember that we need milk, and Toby needs more food – Molly xoxo
10:03 AM - Got it. Milk, Cat Food, A new foot for more experiments – SH
10:04 AM - I doubt you can get a human foot at the market. I’ll see what I can do – Molly xoxo
Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy behind the scenes